Thursday 17 May 2012

A little bit about me...

I've always wanted to be a writer. When I was 5, I wrote on my bedroom wall "WHEN I'M OLDER I WANT TO BE A WRITER", 13 years down the line, I still stand by that. I love how words can convey so much emotion. They can break someone and they can mend someone.

When I was 13, I sent a letter to Bloomsbury publishers, if you're not sure who they are think of the Harry Potter books, I attached a short story along with my letter. Of course, I was an innocent, optimistic child expecting the world but their reply was truly motivating. I also wrote short stories and even wrote a full book with my childhood friend at 14.

During late high school and those quick two years at college, after doing a couple of blogs, I realised I wanted to write for a magazine. One that captivates me the most is More! Magazine. I could read that magazine all my life and not get bored. Having a job as a writer for More! would be a dream come true, a dream that will most likely never come true, but hey, that's my pessimistic side creeping in.

I love popular culture: the music, the clothes, the products, everything. That's why I think writing for a magazine would be perfect. I'd hate to reach 40 knowing I never achieved my dream job. To me, it is my worst nightmare.

Feel free to share your dream job in the comment box below. I'd love to hear from you.

love,
writelovewrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment