Saturday 19 May 2012

Benefit Makeup- POREfessional Review

Do you want to try Benefit cosmetics but don't know what the benefits are? Unfortunately Benefit do not give out samples, mainly because if you visit one of their stalls they sit you down and give you a complete makeover for free! Their makeup ranges from £14-£26, so the Benefits products are pretty costly to 'try them out', especially if the products aren't for you. So if you're interested in this lovely range then get reading some reviews on the internet and if you're intrigued in their latest product, POREfessional then here is a little review about it ;)

The POREfessional retails at £23.50 for only a 22ml bottle. With a tube that small, if you use it every day, you're lucky if it lasts you two months, if that. Nevertheless I was extremely excited to try out this product. Luckily, I managed to bag a small, travel size bottle off eBay for £3.00, bargain! According to Benefit, POREfessional quickly minimises the appearance of pores and fine lines, this 'could' give a lovely airbrush finish. Pretty persuasive, eh?

I have to admit, Benefit really do know how to make their products sound incredibly unique, they overly persuade their buyers which does scare me off a little. When I received the travel size, which is meant to be half of the actual product, I wasn't entirely enamoured with it.

When I squeezed the substance out it was a dull brown colour; it exactly looks like liquid foundation. I gently put some on my nose and glided it across my face, this is POREfessional's main instruction, I was amazed at how it adapted to my skin colour. I only needed a pea size amount to cover everything. When I looked in the mirror, I was certainly impressed! Not only did my skin appear smoother, but it really did look slightly airbrushed. It also acts as a great primer, with or without makeup, your skin is silky smooth.


Negatives:
-The price. For a 22ml tube it is a pricey product but it is sure worth it.
- Sometimes I found I had to reapply it halfway through the day. It isn't durable for long enough.
- The ingredients contain fragrance, so please be careful if you have sensitive skin.

Benefits:
- Gives a great finish if you're wearing foundation.
- Acts as a great primer.
- It smells lovely.
- Suits most skin types.
- A little goes a long way.
- Gives you a great, airbrushed finish.
- Silky smooth skin, what more could you want?
             After that list, I think we can all understand why it's called Benefit makeup!  
             
Your bank balance won't be too impressive after you've purchased this product, but your face certainly will be!


            Before:                                                                                                               After:














Love,
writelovewrite

No comments:

Post a Comment